Thursday, November 01, 2007

My concern for the climatic stability of Janda Baik

The destruction of large areas of forest on the slopes of the mountains around Janda Baik continues unabated inspite of the appeals I have made to the responsible authorities all this past one year. Over the last two weeks, I noted that two small helicopters have been flying over the area. I hope some positive steps are being taken to put a stop to this degradation to the environment. However if what they are doing is not at all related to the illegal slashing and burning of the forest, I hope, whoever they are, they can help to photogarph the extent of the damage to the virgin forest cover and pass on the information to the State and Federal Government for immediate action to be taken to stop the senseless destruction to the environment.

I think I am not alone in this appeal for the preservation of the climatic condition around the Janda Baik valley and habitable slopes. The whole area is now dotted with new holiday homes built by city folks who prefer to escape from our polluted city air. More are on the look out for suitable sites by the crystal clear streams and rivers as well as secluded hill slopes to put up their own Shangrila. I am very sure that they share my aspiration to see that the environmental condition of this valley remains preserved for all time.

MSAbdullah.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: